Legal counsel & data protection coordinator Spain & Portugal
Important hospitality Company is recruiting a Legal Counsel & data protection coordinator for Spain and Portugal.
The candidate will be based in Madrid. He/she will be reporting directly to the Legal Director Spain & Portugal.
His/her main missions will be the following:
- Provide general legal advice to the Management team;
- Provide the managed hotels and service departments at the support offices with advice on legal issues;
- As the Regional Data Protection Coordinator (RDPC) ensures and takes part, in coordination with the Data Protector Officer (DPO), in the deployment and implementation of rules and best practices defined by the Group in order to ensure the protection of the personal data of both customers and employees.
• Support to business and support office
- Review and draft of Sales, Procurement contracts and any other contract when relevant.
- Litigations and corporate legal issues;
- Follow-up of the insurance coverage requirements in accordance with the business;
- Support to Clients complaints department;
• Other corporate tasks
- Maintenance of a database of leases, management and franchise agreements through a Group central information system;
- Maintenance of the legal intranet: legal updates and rolling out of internal policies and delegation policy;
- Support for company secretary for all the Group´s area hotels.
• Regional Data Protection Coordinator
- Working closely with both the Legal Director and the Group’s Data Protection Officer in order to deploy the Group's personal data protection policy in the various departments in his/her own region (HR, IT, procurement, legal, marketing, trade, innovation...) and to implement the necessary tools for this deployment, in particular the Binding Corporate Rules (BCR);
- Being the point of contact of the various internal departments for projects involving the personal data processing;
- Ensuring compliance of activities within the region in matters of personal data protection, data security and confidentiality;
- Ensuring involvement in all matters on personal data protection, when the time comes.
- Advising the different operational staff on personal data processing and regarding the management of any formalities relating to processing;
- Conducting audits;
- Relationship with both external authorities and third parties;
• Direct report: Legal Director & Compliance Officer Spain & Portugal
• Functional report: The Group’s Data Protection Officer (DPO)
• Law master degree in Portugal 5- 7 experience in legal positions, ideally mix of in-house and private practice
• Member of a Bar Association in Portugal
• Ample experience working in international environments, preferably in the leisure, retail or property industry
• Proven focus on and ties with business, strategic vision, and a track record serving as a business partner
• Strong understanding in commercial law
• Good knowledge in corporate and litigation law
• Knowledge of legislative requirements on personal data protection
• Business acumen, business-oriented practice
• Excellent negotiator
• Strategic thinking and problem solving capabilities
• Organization skills and resistance to stress to manage transactions whilst covering day to day operational duties
• Good analytical skills
• Bilingual in Portuguese and Spanish, Bussines English high level. Other languages will be considered as a plus.
This form indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this job title. It is not designed to contain nor should it be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of all employees with this job title
Answer to: email@example.com